Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

Collections & Garage Integration

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

As part of the upgrade to IP.Board 4, I plan on integrating both application into 1 application. Which will most likely be named "Collections" and support an importer for Garage data. I'm looking for feedback or any concerns users of these products have so I can make sure this is included in the release.

Why?

The Collections was originally a fork of the Garage. It was made due to the demand in the Garage but for adding items that were non vehicle specific. Although it was a good idea at the time, the extra time and complications from maintaining 2 separate applications that essentially do the same thing becomes an issue. I want to take the opportunity during the upgrade to IP.Board 4 to make an application that can easily serve both apps

New Installs

A fresh installation of this application will function like the Collection app currently does but post install you'll be able to better control the various language and urls used throughout the application. Right now I envisage a central page that can be used to change the name of the app, reference for items, categories, mods or images and also allow you to change the url of the application as well.

Upgrading IPB 3.x Collections

The upgrade from IPB 3.x will function like normal and you'll notice no difference in the features of the Collections application.

Upgrading IPB 3.x Garage

During the upgrade from IPB 3.x you'll be able to import previous Garage data and the upgrade process will automatically update the various references in the application to suit display of vehicle data. This includes the language and urls of the application. The imported Garage will basically look and feel like the existing Garage.

IPB 3.4.x Versions

Customers of both applications will be merged into 1 product subscription and the previous IPB 3.x versions of both the Garage System and Collections System will be available for download. They will both be offered for download as extra downloads until IPB 3.4 becomes end of life and both applications can be used like normal.

#2 Steven@wt

Steven@wt

• Customers
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:00 AM

Thank you for maintaining this product!

Will collections feed data be available via IP.Pages?  That would be really vital for my particular site.

#3 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

Will collections feed data be available via IP.Pages?  That would be really vital for my particular site.

I don't have access to IP.Content so wouldn't know for sure. But given the recent improvements in IPB4, I believe it should be able to utilize the Collections app content router to display a list of items. I've also got widgets included for latest items, mods, comments and images.

#4 ForeverPontiac

ForeverPontiac

• Customers
  • 2 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.2.x

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

Just wondering if there is any update on this? Want to thank you for this as it is a crucial part of my community :)

#5 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

No time frame yet but still being worked on. It's a little more complex than the other apps so is taking a bit longer then I thought.

#6 JohnC

JohnC

• Customers
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

I'm holding off on updating to v4.0 until you get the Garage hook finished. So any idea how much longer you have on the Garage hook? 

Thanks for maintaining these!

All the best,

John

#7 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

I'm holding off on updating to v4.0 until you get the Garage hook finished. So any idea how much longer you have on the Garage hook?

It's hard to provide an estimate right now but this is a top priority and I'm putting in a lot of time to get this wrapped up now.

#8 Kowex

Kowex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for your work.

I also still can not upgrade to 4 until the garage.
Are looking forward to.
Dates are still unknown?

#9 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

The Collections app will now be used and allow you to import your Garage data into it.

Upgrading IPB 3.x Garage

During the upgrade from IPB 3.x you'll be able to import previous Garage data and the upgrade process will automatically update the various references in the application to suit display of vehicle data. This includes the language and urls of the application. The imported Garage will basically look and feel like the existing Garage.

#10 kenedy

kenedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

I really appreciate your efforts for sharing such important post.well done

Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users