DevFuse Forums

Auto Welcome

Michael

• Management

I believe it has, I haven't seen any recent welcomes aside from this one where they updated their password.

I'll change extend it to the lost pass page as well then. New update should be out some time next week.

Why am I receiving a welcome message in my inbox every time a new user joins. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I have Send welcome pm? turned on. Is this supposed to send a Welcome message to me in PM or to the new user in PM?

I would attach a picture but an  error happens: You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments

TIA...

• Management

As far as I am aware there is no longer an option to send as a "system pm" anymore, hence why it adds the pm to your inbox as well. I will take another look into this next version of the Auto Welcome app.

As far as I am aware there is no longer an option to send as a "system pm" anymore, hence why it adds the pm to your inbox as well. I will take another look into this next version of the Auto Welcome app.

I'll update now. It's hard to keep up if the versions numbers are not changing. I have 2.4.2 installed and there is a PM option.

So is it supposed to send a PM to my PM or just to the new users PM. The option to send a PM is still there.

It's confusing because I'm not understanding why I'm receiving these PM's. I already receive an eMail when a new user registers.

• Management

So is it supposed to send a PM to my PM or just to the new users PM. The option to send a PM is still there.

It's confusing because I'm not understanding why I'm receiving these PM's. I already receive an eMail when a new user registers.

A PM is sent from your account and arrives in the new users account. So it's viewable in both accounts. In a future version, I will explore if the PM can just exist in the new users account only.

• 3 weeks later...

The PM setting when on

The PM switch when on is treated like a conversation. I believe one is sent to the new user and one sent to you. Turn the PM switch off if that is what is happening. This is how it works in 4.0, unlike 3.x the PM switch only worked one way.

• Management

Just got a welcome message for what appears to be a guest.

It's still got a profile id so at one point there was a member or possibly a banned account now. Have you noticed any logs for the spam monitoring service?

http://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/profile/396-9814d3b4a4f3dcbb2b5a180824047493/

Does it works on IPB.3.4.7?

No but this version supports IPB 3.4.x.

It's still got a profile id so at one point there was a member or possibly a banned account now. Have you noticed any logs for the spam monitoring service?

It's not a banned user (I don't think), I just got about a dozen of these, I turned the application off.

Where would I find the spam logs?

• Management

It's not a banned user (I don't think), I just got about a dozen of these, I turned the application off.

Where would I find the spam logs?

See ACP > Members Tab > Spam Prevention > Spam Service Logs. Check if there is any correlation between the log dates and when topics are created. Same with a members joined date, could these be Facebook or Twitter signups?

See ACP > Members Tab > Spam Prevention > Spam Service Logs. Check if there is any correlation between the log dates and when topics are created. Same with a members joined date, could these be Facebook or Twitter signups?

There were only 2 from yesterday, but I had at least a dozen welcome messages.  Not sure how to tell if they are from Facebook or Twitter.  They all have those long unusual member names like the one I posted above.  I don't see them in the banned members list in the ACP.

• Management

There were only 2 from yesterday, but I had at least a dozen welcome messages.  Not sure how to tell if they are from Facebook or Twitter.  They all have those long unusual member names like the one I posted above.  I don't see them in the banned members list in the ACP.

I've had another report that Facebook signups are causing this so it's probably the same issue. The next update should be out soon.

• Management

What're the variables for PMs and emails? Currently the old ones are just showing as %x_x% in the email.

Here is a list of the current tags available.

1. %member_name%
  2. %member_id%
  3. %board_name%
  4. %joined_date%
  5. %profile_link%
  6. %topic_link%

If your having a problem with an existing alert template, I would recommend uninstalling then reinstalling to get the latest alerts added.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get this error

http://imagenes.comugamers.com/i/08-18-19.png

after uploading Auto Welcome

[Sun Oct 11 09:29:42 2015] [error] [client 108.162.212.214] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 44 (phase 2). Match of "eq 0" against "MULTIPART_UNMATCHED_BOUNDARY" required. [file "/etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_security.conf"] [line "39"] [id "200003"] [msg "Multipart parser detected a possible unmatched boundary."] [hostname "foro.comugamers.com"] [uri "/admin/"] [unique_id "VhpkRn8AAAEAAHfCCfkAAAAH"]

• Management

I get this error

after uploading Auto Welcome

There's nothing unique to the Auto Welcome app that is likely to cause this. It's more likely that your hosts "ModSecurity" settings are set to high and not allowing it to install this app. You'll need to pass this error onto your host as your likely to have more problems when installing other similar apps.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just uploaded the app with no problems, but am encountering a problem when I try to use the auto post of a welcome topic.  When I select the board to post it to and then save the data, I am getting a

EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again.

error.

Otherwise, I have the email, PM and status functions working splendidly so far. 

Can you give me some pointers on getting the board selected for the topic post?

Thanks,

Brad